Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Husband and the nail polish


I haven't really talked about my husband here much. I wasn't sure how he would take my nail polish re-addiction (when I met him in 1997 I had an enormous collection. that I sadly gave away when we moved. or something. I don't know why I got rid of them :/) this past year,


Turns out he thought it was cute. He bought me my Helmer, and put it together, He suggested I re-arrange them by colour. He also suggested I paint the nail wheels I've had hanging about for ever.


Last Sunday he insisted I get onto painting those wheels and even offered to help. He wrote down all my polishes and made me a spreadsheet for them! He is *such* an engineer. Totally organised! 



He had an ulterior motive... he wanted to see what polishes would be good to paint his little plastic bombs and bullets. The bullet is dry brushed with Orly Dazzle, and the bomb is Jordana Wicked and SH Hidden Treasure. He says polish has way cooler finishes than acrylic paint and is just as easy to work with. 
He is too cute. 

10 comments:

  1. Lucky you :)

    I must hide polishes from my husband. He dont understand my addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! Let's just hope he doesn't use up too much of your favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that's awesome! And he's totally right about the finishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lalica: he plays poker. we all need our hobbies right? ;)

    @KarenD: I have totally come to the conclusion I cannot have ANY favorites of anything EVER. it doesn't matter what it is, it gets discontinued.

    @Zara: the finishes really are the bomb right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow they look amazing with the polishes indeed.
    Hehehe it's so cute that he helped you with everything :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. A couple that polishes together... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! My significant other is an engineer too. I think their brains work just a bit differently than most folks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice of him to help, even if he had a slight motive =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you ladies have made Chris' day. he is pretty tickled anyone took time to comment on his wiley ways and craftiness. thanks guys!!

    ReplyDelete